Enjoy an amazing Whale Watching Sunset Cruise in Cabo San Lucas. You'll sail in search of some Humpback Whales in the Pacific Ocean accompanied by one of our marine biologists that will entertain you with curious facts about this incredible animal. As we get closer to the sunset, surrounded by silence and tranquility, we will stop near the arch for a unique close-up view of this iconic landmark.
2 Hour Tour
Marine Biologist & Hydrophone
Wine and Appetizers
Fast and Comfortable Boat with Restroom
Enjoy sunset while listening to Whales
95 USD Adults
60 USD Children
650 USD Private
KIDS >6 FREE
Safe and Fun
For comfort, safety, and the best whale watching experience, we travel in small groups. Groups range from 2 up to a maximum of 6 guests.
The Whale Sunset Cruise is our last tour of the day and it surely is the most romantic one: the day comes to an end and activity in Cabo San Lucas slows down.
The scope of this tour is to enjoy 2 hours on a boat while watching the incredibly beautiful natural scenarios Cabo has to offer, the arch illuminated by the last sunlight is an excellent occasion for some amazing pictures. Your guide will share a great amount of knowledge and interesting facts about the humpbacks, as we cruise towards the Pacific Ocean in the hope of encountering some active whales.
Just before the sun reaches the lowest point, we’ll find a lonely spot where to relax and will put the hydrophone in the water as we might experience the magic of a singing humpback. While the sound breaks the silence our guide will hand you a glass of wine and some taste appetizer as we slowly make our way back into the harbor.
During the trip our guide while also make sure to take pictures of the most memorable moments.
On board of the Cabo Trek boat you will experience the comfort of a hard shell fiberglass boat that has cushioned seats and a marine restroom, given the size of the vessel there is freedom of movement for an overall high quality service.
When you book with Cabo Trek you get guaranteed excellence, quality and attention to detail that can’t be found anywhere else!
The Los Cabos whale watching season runs from the 15th of December until the 15th of April. The best times fall between January and March. A few lucky customers will get the rare gift of seeing mother whales and her newborn calves! Contact us if you want to go whale watching in Cabo in early December and April: the whales are here even before and after that in that case we recommend our PRE and POST whale watching wildlife tour, a trip focused on a great variety of animals offered by the Baja California Sur region. In terms of BEST time of the day please take the following into consideration when booking a whale watching tour with Cabo Trek:
- 08:00 am Tour: usually flat Ocean, fewer boats out, recommended for people: who tend to get seasick, families with young children, and older people.
- 11:00 am Tour: nicer outside temperature, this is the perfect mix between the early morning and the afternoon tour. The ocean can be a bit choppy.
- 02:30 pm Tour: the trip for the real adventurer, this is the tour where we experience the most whale activity, Ocean is mostly choppy, chances are high you will get wet.
- 05:00 pm Tour: romantic sunset whale cruise, this is a nice way to finish the day in a slow but still exciting way.
Groups range from a minimum of 2 people to a maximum of 10 guests.
When booking a tour with Cabo Trek you have the guarantee of purchasing an, in Cabo San Lucas, unmatched quality tour! Although our boat capacity is licensed up to 14 people, for comfort, safety, and to ensure the best overall whale watching experience in town we choose to keep the groups small.
If you want to reserve the boat just for you and your family or friends, you can book a private tour or contact us!
The sunset whale cruise is a short 2 hour whale watching tour, so there is not really much you need taking in consideration that Cabo San Lucas has pretty nice temperatures in this time of the year.
Nevertheless, for the sunset whale cruise, you may consider taking with you a sweater and eventually long pants.
A MUST on every trip:
Aboard a Cabo Trek whale watching tour, you can see a variety of whales. Gray, Humpback, Blue, Sperm, Fin, Pilot, Bryde’s whales, and Killer Whales all roam the oceans of the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean. Besides the whales, there is an abundance of other amazing wildlife active at sea. California Sea Lions, Brown Pelicans, Frigates, Blue Footed Boobies, Leaping Rays, Dolphins, and Sea Turtles are just some of the amazing encounters experienced regularly.
- We offer the ONLY truly educational and comprehensive whale watching tours in all of Los Cabos. Each 2.5-hour tour is full of teaching and engagement about whales, their behaviors, their habits and so much more. We guarantee that you will be beyond satisfied with our tour experience, our university-trained marine biologist guide, our wildlife photographer, our captains, and our boats!
- We offer the most personal and intimate whale watching tours in all of Los Cabos and all of Baja California Sur. Each tour is a maximum of 10 people per tour, so there’s no fussing for shade, legroom, or a better view.
- We are proud to be the ONLY organization in all of Los Cabos with a university-trained and certified marine biologist and ichthyologist as our tour guide.
We are proud that since day one we could prove that Cabo Trek staff is capable of adding value to Cabo San Lucas by delivering and excellent whale watching service as certified for 6 years in a row by Trip Advisor:
- 95 USD per Adult
- 65 USD per Child (6 to 12 years old)
- 650 USD private tour up to 8 people
- Kids till 6 go FREE
- PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, CONTACT US
NOTE: Tour not recommended for women that may be pregnant.
In our price everything but tips is included! With Cabo Trek you will not have to put hands in your pocket for hidden costs nor will there be last minutesurprises! Cabo Trek keep its word and keeps up with its reputation as a trustworthy, reliable, serious company in Cabo San Lucas. Guide, 2,5 hours Boat Ride, Bottled Water, Hydrophone, On-board Photographer, Experienced Captain, all of this is part of this package.
The day of your tour you will meet in our office and storefront 15 minutes prior to the time of your tour. While in the shop we’ll process your payment or revise your reservation, allow you time to shop around our storefront for any souvenirs and read up on some of the educational activities you’ll be partaking in that day. We offer free wi-fi, cookies, water before everyone is ready to head to the dock. Then we’ll take a quick 1 minute walk from the shop to the dock. There you’ll board our boat, put on your life vests, be given a complimentary bottle of water, and finally, set out on your whale trek adventure!