San Jose del Cabo
Humpbacks whales love to relax away from the crowds which makes San Josè del Cabo the perfect spot for Humpbacks to stick around. Our San Jose del Cabo whale watching tour departs from the San Jose del Cabo Marina making it a unique tour in Los Cabos.
09:00 AM and 02:00 PM every Thursday
More dates possible upon request (min. 4 pax or private tour)
3 Hour Tour
Hydrophone & Underwater Camera
Comfortable Yacht with Restroom & Shade
Max. 8 guest on board
95 USD Adults
65 USD Children
850 USD Private
KIDS <6 FREE
Safe and Fun
For comfort, safety, and the best whale watching experience, we travel in small groups. Groups range from 2 up to a maximum of 6 guests.
With Cabo Trek your “whale watching tour in Cabo” is GUARANTEED! If no whales show up on your scheduled tour, we offer you the opportunity to join another trip for FREE!!!
Your 3-hour tour will start from the Marina of Puerto Los Cabos, located in San Josè del Cabo. We’ll be exploring the Sea of Cortez in the search of the Humpback whales. While out at sea your marine biologist guide will be busy spotting whales and educating guests on the whale behavior going on around you.
While you’re occupied spotting whales and enjoying the educational whale watching tour our professional wildlife photographer is busy capturing all the excitement! But who is driving the boat?! No worries, our experienced captain is busy at the wheel anticipating the next prime location for optimal whale watching and most importantly, ensuring we always maintain a safe and responsible distance from the whales.
After 3 hours where you witnessed the whale watching and educational experience of a lifetime, we’ll head back to the dock and disembark. Upon return, you have the opportunity to purchase photos or DVDs from your tour and other Cabo Trek souvenirs. When you book with Cabo Trek you get guaranteed excellence, quality, and attention to detail that can’t be found anywhere else!
The Los Cabos whale watching season runs from the 15th of December until the 15th of April. The best times fall between January and March. A few lucky customers will get the rare gift of seeing mother whales and her newborn calves! Contact us if you want to go whale watching in Cabo in early December and April: the whales are here even before and after that in that case we recommend our PRE and POST whale watching wildlife tour, a trip focused on a great variety of animals offered by the Baja California Sur region. In terms of BEST time of the day please take the following into consideration when booking a whale watching tour with Cabo Trek:
- 09:00 am Tour: usually flat Ocean, recommended for people who tend to get sea sick, families with young children and older people.
- 02:00 pm Tour: the trip for the real adventurer, this is the tour where we experience the most whale activity, Ocean is mostly choppy, chances are high you will get wet.
Groups range from a minimum of 4 people to a maximum of 10 guests.
When booking a tour with Cabo Trek you have the guarantee of purchasing an unmatched quality tour!
If you want to reserve the boat just for you and your family or friends, you can book a private tour or contact us!
This is a 3-hour whale watching tour, so there is not really much you need taking in consideration that San Josè del Cabo has pretty nice temperatures in this time of the year.
Nevertheless if you are booking an early morning tour, 09:00 am, you may consider taking with you a sweater and eventually long pants.
A MUST on every trip:
Aboard a Cabo Trek whale watching tour you can see a variety of whales. Gray, Humpback, Blue, Sperm, Fin, Pilot, Bryde’s whales, and Killer Whales all roam the oceans of the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean. Besides the whales, there is an abundance of other amazing wildlife active at sea. California Sea Lions, Brown Pelicans, Frigates, Blue Footed Boobies, Leaping Rays, Dolphins, and Sea Turtles are just some of the amazing encounters experienced regularly.
- We offer the ONLY truly educational and comprehensive whale watching tours in all of Los Cabos. Each 3-hour tour is full of teaching and engagement about whales, their behaviors, their habits and so much more. We guarantee that you will be beyond satisfied with our tour experience, our university-trained marine biologist guide, our wildlife photographer, our captains and our boats!
- We offer the most personal and intimate whale watching tours in all of Los Cabos and all of Baja California Sur. Each tour is a maximum of 10 people per tour, so there’s no fussing for shade, legroom, or a better view.
- We are proud to be the ONLY organization in all of Los Cabos with a university-trained and certified marine biologist and ichthyologist as our tour guide.
We are proud that since day one we could prove that Cabo Trek staff is capable of adding value to Cabo San Lucas by delivering an excellent whale watching service as certified for 6 years in a row by Trip Advisor:
- 95 USD per Adult
- 65 USD per Child (6 to 12 years old)
- 850 USD private tour up to 8 people
- Kids till 6 go FREE
- PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, CONTACT US
NOTE: Tour not recommended for women that may be pregnant.
In our price, everything but tips is included! With Cabo Trek you will not have to put hands in your pocket for hidden costs nor will there be last-minute surprises! Cabo Trek keeps its word and keeps up with its reputation as a trustworthy, reliable, serious company in Cabo San Lucas. Guide, 2,5 hours Boat Ride, Bottled Water, Hydrophone, Onboard Photographer, Experienced Captain, all of this is part of this package.
On the day of your tour, we will meet at the hotel “El Ganzo” 30 minutes prior to tour departure.