Enjoy a memorable Los Cabos Whale Watching Sunset Cruise in Cabo San Lucas where you will search for Humpback Whales in the Pacific Ocean. Surrounded by silence and tranquility, our Cabo sunset whale watching cruises are a perfect tour for groups, families, or couples looking for the BEST whale watching experience in Cabo San Lucas.
Departs at 5:00 pm
2-hour boat tour led by an expert Marine Biologist with hydrophone technology.
Wine and appetizers are available.
Featuring a fast and comfortable boat with a restroom.
$99 USD Adults
$59 USD Children
Kids Under 4, FREE
For comfort, safety, and the best whale watching experience, we travel in small groups. Groups range from 2 up to a maximum of 12 guests.
All of our Cabo whale watching tours are led marine biologists or naturalists. They will be sharing information on the whale behaviors we observe and will share interesting facts about Cabo whales. We can also talk about our research projects and the protection and conservation programs we partake in. We have been part of the Los Cabos whale watching community for many years.
You will not want to miss out on this unique experience to watch and interact with beautiful Humpback Whales during their annual migration to Cabo San Lucas.
The OFFICIAL LOS CABOS WHALE WATCHING SUNSET CRUISE SEASON is from December 15th to April 15th.
The best time of year for whale watching in Cabo San Lucas is between late December and the end of March. At this time, you’ll have the highest chance to witness fantastic whale interactions.
In terms of the BEST time of the day, please take the following consideration:
- 05:00 pm tour: That’s the only time available for this romantic sunset whale cruise — an excellent way to finish the day in a slow but fascinating way.
If you’re interested in more whale activity, we recommend a Cabo San Lucas whale watching tour during the daytime.
Note: Women that may be pregnant should not take this tour.
Whales are here before and after the official season. If you travel in late November or early December, you may get to see mother whales and their newborn calves! Contact us to book a whale watching tour in the early season.
Our boat is licensed for up to 18 people. For comfort, safety, and the best overall experience, we keep the groups small. Our whale watching tours in Cabo San Lucas run from two to twelve guests.
If you want a private Los Cabos whale watching sunset tour, you can book a private tour online. Contact us for a personalized experience.
There is not much you need to bring in this 2-hour whale watching tour. Cabo San Lucas has pretty nice temperatures at this time of the year. Nevertheless, we suggest bringing a light jacket and pants.
Your Los Cabos Whale Watching Sunset Cruise tour is an excellent opportunity to see various marine life. You may encounter humpback, gray whales, blue whales, sperm whales, fin whales, pilot whales, Bryde’s whales, and Orcas. All of these whales roam the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean.
Besides whales, other fantastic wildlife is abundant here during Cabo San Lucas’ whale watching season. You can also find California sea lions, brown pelicans, frigates, blue-footed boobies, leaping rays, dolphins, and sea turtles.
The reasons are endless!
- We offer the ONLY truly educative and most complete sunset whale watching tour in Cabo San Lucas. Each 2-hour tour is full of teaching and engagement about whales, their behaviors, habits, and much more. We guarantee that you will be beyond satisfied with our tour experience!
- We offer personal and intimate whale watching tours in Cabo San Lucas. Each excursion is a maximum of 10-12 guests, so there’s no fussing for shade, legroom, or a better view.
- We are proud to be the ONLY company in all Los Cabos, with university-trained and certified marine biologists and ichthyologists as your tour guide.
- Cabo Trek delivers excellent whale watching experiences in Cabo San Lucas. Certified by Trip Advisor since 2013, we make thousands of people happy!
- Cabo Trek is the FIRST & ONLY company in Mexico certified as a “Responsible Whale Watching Operator” by the WCA (World Cetacean Alliance).
- Our private Los Cabos whale watching sunset tours are personalized to your needs.
We are winners of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence since 2013. We provide quality and passionate service for small groups that like eco-tourism and are true nature lovers.
Our prices include everything but tips! With Cabo Trek, you will not have to put your hands in your pocket for hidden costs. There will not be last-minute surprises! Cabo Trek keeps its reputation as a trustworthy and reliable whale watching operator.
On the day of your tour, you will meet in our office and storefront 15 minutes prior to the time of your tour. While in the shop we’ll process your payment or revise your reservation, allow you time to shop around our storefront for any souvenirs, and read up on some of the educational activities you’ll be partaking in that day. We offer free wi-fi, cookies, water before everyone is ready to head to the dock. Then we’ll take a quick 1-minute walk from the shop to the dock. There you’ll board our boat, put on your life vests, be given a complimentary bottle of water, and finally, set out on your whale trek adventure!