San Jose del Cabo
Humpbacks whales love to relax away from the crowds which makes San Josè del Cabo the perfect spot for Humpbacks to stick around. Our San Jose del Cabo whale watching tour departs from the San Jose del Cabo Marina making it a unique tour in Los Cabos.
09:00 AM and 02:00 PM every Thursday
More dates possible upon request (min. 4 pax or private tour)
3 Hour Tour
Hydrophone & Underwater Camera
Comfortable Yacht with Restroom & Shade
Max. 8 guest on board
99 USD Adults
69 USD Children
899 USD Private
KIDS <6 FREE
Safe and Fun
For comfort, safety, and the best whale watching experience, we travel in small groups. Groups range from 2 up to a maximum of 6 guests.
With Cabo Trek, your San Jose del Cabo whale watching tour is GUARANTEED! If no whales show up on your tour, we offer you the opportunity to join another FREE whale watching tour in Cabo San Lucas!!!
Our RABEN (Mexican whale rescue network) certified captains are experts in anticipating the next best whale watching spot. We ensure to maintain a safe and responsible distance from the whales.
While you enjoy the San Jose Del Cabo whale-watching experience, our professional photographer will be capturing all the excitement. After the tour, you may purchase photos of your excursion and souvenirs until we meet for our next adventure!
The OFFICIAL WHALE WATCHING SEASON is from December 15th to April 15th.
The best time of year for whale watching in San Jose del Cabo is between late December and the end of March. At this time, you’ll have the highest chance to witness fantastic whale interactions.
In terms of the BEST time of the day, please take the following consideration:
- 09:00 am tour: usually flat ocean. People who tend to get seasick, families with young children, and older adults prefer this tour.
- 02:00 pm tour: this trip is for the real adventurer. This tour is where great whale activity is possible. The ocean is regularly choppy; chances are high you will get wet!
Note: Women that may be pregnant should not take this tour.
Whales are here before and after the official season. If you travel in late November or early December, you may get to see mother whales and their newborn calves! Contact us to book a whale watching tour in the early season.
Our boat is licensed for up to 18 people. For comfort, safety, and the best overall experience, we keep the groups small. Our whale watching tours in San Jose del Cabo run from two to ten or twelve guests.
If you want a private San Jose del Cabo whale watching tour, you can book a private tour online. Contact us for a personalized experience.
This is a 3-hour whale watching tour, so there is not really much you need taking into consideration that San Josè del Cabo has pretty nice temperatures at this time of the year.
Nevertheless, if you are booking an early morning tour, 09:00 am, you may consider taking with you a sweater and long pants.
A MUST on every trip:
- Reef-safe sunscreen or rashguard
- Sunglasses and hat
Your whale watching tour is an excellent opportunity to see diverse marine life. You may encounter humpback, gray whales, blue whales, sperm whales, fin whales, pilot whales, Bryde’s whales, and Orcas. All of these whales roam the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean.
Besides whales, other fantastic wildlife is abundant here during San Jose del Cabo whale watching season. You can also find California sea lions, brown pelicans, frigates, blue-footed boobies, leaping rays, dolphins, and sea turtles.
The reasons are endless!
- We offer the ONLY truly educative and most complete whale watching tour in San Jose del Cabo. Each 2.5-hour tour is full of teaching and engagement about whales, their behaviors, habits, and much more. We guarantee that you will be beyond satisfied with our tour experience!
- We offer personal and intimate whale watching tours in San Jose del Cabo. Each excursion is a maximum of 10-12 guests, so there’s no fussing for shade, legroom, or a better view.
- We are proud to be the ONLY company in all Los Cabos, with university-trained and certified marine biologists and ichthyologists as your tour guide.
- Cabo Trek delivers excellent whale-watching experiences in San Jose del Cabo. Certified by Trip Advisor since 2013, we make thousands of people happy!
- Cabo Trek is the FIRST & ONLY company in Mexico certified as a “Responsible Whale Watching Operator” by the WCA (World Cetacean Alliance).
- Our private San Jose del Cabo whale watching tours are personalized to your needs.
We are winners of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence since 2013. We provide quality and passionate service for small groups that like eco-tourism and are true nature lovers.
Our prices include everything but tips! With Cabo Trek, you will not have to put your hands in your pocket for hidden costs. There will not be last-minute surprises! Cabo Trek keeps its reputation as a trustworthy and reliable whale watching operator.
On the day of your tour, we will meet at the hotel “El Ganzo” 30 minutes prior to tour departure.