Discover the wonders of Baja California Sur with us on this 2-day Magdalena Bay whale watching expedition. You will experience a close encounter with Magdalena gray whales like you have never imagined. Your 2-day Gray Whale watching expedition in Lopez Mateos takes you to a small fishermen community situated about 5 hours north of Cabo San Lucas. Witness something unique on this planet as the bay fills with an unbelievable amount of Magdalena Bay whales in late January.
February 7th and 21st,
March 6th and 20th
The only company offering 2-day
Magdalena Bay whale watching excursions.
All expeditions are led by Marine Biologists with exceptional organization and expertise in the field.
TripAdvisor Winner Since 2013!!
$629 USD per Adult*
$549 USD per Child*
*Minimum of 4 people need to run this tour
Authentic Interactions With Whales
For comfort, safety, and the best Magdalena Bay Gray Whale watching experience, we travel in small groups.
Our Magdalena Bay whale watching schedule provides the best possible Gray Whale watching opportunities featuring:
- Numerous friendly California Gray Whales
- Few boats in the lagoons
- Perfect light conditions for photographers
- Calm waters
All our Los Cabos whale watching tours are led by marine biologists or naturalists. During our journey to Lopez Mateos, they will share information about the local area, Gray Whales, other marine life, and more.
On this 2-day Magdalena Bay whale watching expedition, expect to be on the water for 5 to 6 hours, divided into two separate tours. Your first Gray Whale watching tour in the afternoon after arrival and the next in the morning after breakfast.
Beyond the amazing Gray Whale watching opportunities, we will have the chance to walk on the dunes and see a vast amount of wildlife including hundreds of migrating birds, dolphins, and more.
This trip will familiarize you with the rich Mexican culture and food of Baja California. You will get to know the friendly people of Lopez Mateos while we enjoy a world-class lobster dinner. Your options for lunch on arrival are fish, meat, or chicken tacos. For breakfast, you can choose how you’d like your eggs done.
- 06:00 am – Departure from Cabo San Lucas: Cabo Trek office
- 12:00 am – Arrival at Lopez Mateos
- 12:30 pm – Lunch: tacos & quesadillas – Hotel check-in
- 02:00 pm – Whale watching tour 1: Dunes sunset walk
- 07:00 pm – Special Dinner: Lobster – Shrimps – Fish & Salad
- 07:00 am – Continental Breakfast
- 08:30 am – Whale watching tour 2
- 12:00 pm – Lunch: tacos & quesadillas – Hotel check out
- 06:00 pm – Arrival at Cabo San Lucas: Cabo Trek office
The best months for the Gray Whale Watching in Magdalena Bay tour is in February and March. Occasionally January is also an option. Contact us to inquire about the tour dates: we are open and flexible to organize trips upon request with a minimum of 4 people.
Note: Women that may be pregnant should not take this tour.
With Cabo Trek, you have the guarantee to avoid crowds. We rather use an extra boat instead of squeezing people in like sardines! To make the trip, we need a minimum of 4 persons and a maximum of 8. We will comfortably travel to Lopez Mateos on a mini-van, and we fit perfectly on the local pangas. The idea is to share quality time, make new friends, get to know the locals, and have the chance to enjoy a part of Mexico where very few go.
If you want a private Gray Whale Watching in Magdalena Bay tour, you can book a private tour online. Contact us for a personalized experience.
We suggest bringing the minimum necessary for the two-days tour:
- Long sleeves jacket
- 2 T-shirts
- Long pants and short pants
- Socks and underwear
- Shoes and flip-flops
- Small towel
- Reef-safe sunscreen or rashguard
- Sunglasses and hat
IMPORTANT: Don’t forget your camera and your spirit of adventure!
The target of this two-day Gray Whale Watching in Magdalena Bay trip up north to Lopez Mateos is the gray whales. The lagoon’s ecosystem serves as feeding, breeding, and rearing grounds. Gray whales also use it for resting and as a refuge for numerous transient species of wildlife. Sea Turtles and migratory birds use this habitat during critical stages of their life cycles. These lagoons are the habitat of the California sea lion, Dolphins, Herons, Egrets, Shorebirds, ospreys, and the magnificent frigatebirds. Occasionally you can even spot coyotes on the dunes.
This unique habitat combines the beauty of its mangroves and dunes with its incredible wildlife to provide a fantastic landscape for observers and photographers.
The reasons are endless!
- We offer the ONLY truly educational and most comprehensive Gray Whale Watching in Magdalena Bay. Each tour is full of teaching and engagement about whales, their behaviors, habits, and so much more. We guarantee that you will be beyond satisfied with our tour experience!
- We offer the most personal and intimate Gray Whale Watching in Lopez Mateos and all of Baja California Sur. Each tour has a maximum of 8 guests, so there’s no fussing for space, shade, legroom, or a better view.
- We are proud to be the ONLY organization in all Los Cabos with a university-trained and certified marine biologist and ichthyologist as your tour guide.
- Cabo Trek delivers excellent Magdalena Bay Gray Whale Watching tours. Certified by Trip Advisor since 2013, we make thousands of people happy!
- Cabo Trek is the FIRST & ONLY company in Mexico certified as a “Responsible Whale Watching Operator” by the WCA (World Cetacean Alliance).
- Our private Gray Whale Watching in Magdalena Bay tours are personalized to your needs.
Your Gray Whale Watching Tour in Magdalena Bay includes:
Driver, Guide, two three-hour boat rides, bottled water, onboard photographer, experienced captain, accommodation, transportation, one breakfast, two lunches, and one dinner.
All tours can are customizable to fit your needs. Contact us for special requests.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Tips to restaurants, boat services, hotels, transportation, and Cabo Trek guides.
- Prices are per person.
- Price is based on double occupancy per room.
- Single room upgrade for a 50 USD extra charge.
- The price is based on a minimum of 4 participants.
- The tour schedule is subject to weather conditions, and activities may have to be rearranged, rescheduled, replaced, or eventually canceled. There will be no refunds for canceled tours. We may arrange an alternative program.
- All meals include non-alcoholic beverages.
- Tour not recommended for women that may be pregnant.
- Cancellation incurs a 20% loss of the total tour price. The initial deposit is non-refundable if cancellation is made 30 days before the tour date.
- Cabo Trek, its land and water vehicles, and third-party service provider companies are all insured as required by Mexican law. Nevertheless, we strongly suggest purchasing additional travel insurance to cover your needs.
- The activities we are partaking in are rated EASY, such as whale watching, to INTERMEDIATE, such as the snorkeling activities. The risk factor is considered low, but accidents are possible. Better be SAFE than SORRY.
We are winners of the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence since 2013. We provide quality and passionate service for small groups that like eco-tourism and are true nature lovers.
Our prices include everything but tips! With Cabo Trek, you will not have to put your hands in your pocket for hidden costs. There will not be last-minute surprises! Cabo Trek keeps its reputation as a trustworthy and reliable Gray Whale Watching in Lopez Mateos operator.