Cabo San Lucas
Every trip to Cabo San Lucas is not complete without enjoying a whale-watching day on the ocean. You will get to see a variety of whales like the Humpback Whales and the California Gray Whales. Awe upon a 20-ton massive whale breaching out of the water by joining one of our tours from December, 15th to April 15th.
2,5 Hour Tour
Hydrophone & Underwater Camera
Fast and Comfortable Boat with Restroom
$85 USD Adults
$55 USD Children
$550 USD Private
Kids Under 6, FREE
Safe and Fun
For comfort, safety, and the best whale watching experience, we travel in small groups. Groups range from 2 up to a maximum of 6 guests.
With Cabo Trek your “whale watching tour in Cabo” is GUARANTEED! If no whales show up on your scheduled tour, we offer you the opportunity to join another trip for FREE!!!
The best times fall between January and March. A few lucky customers will get the rare gift of seeing mother whales and their newborn calves! Contact us if you want to go whale watching in Cabo in early December and April: the whales are here even before and after that in that case we recommend our PRE and POST whale watching wildlife tour, a trip focused on the great variety of animals offered by the Baja California Sur region. In terms of BEST time of the day please take the following into consideration when booking a whale watching tour with Cabo Trek:
- 08:00 am Tour: usually flat Ocean, fewer boats out, recommended for people: who tend to get seasick, families with young children and older people.
- 11:00 am Tour: nicer outside temperature, this is the perfect mix between the early morning and the afternoon tour. The ocean can be a bit choppy.
- 02:30 pm Tour: the trip for the real adventurer, this is the tour where we experience the most whale activity, Ocean is mostly choppy, chances are high you will get wet.
Groups range from a minimum of 2 people to a maximum of 10-12 guests.
When booking a tour with Cabo Trek you have the guarantee of purchasing an, in Cabo San Lucas, unmatched quality tour! Although our boat capacity is licensed up to 18 people, for comfort, safety, and to ensure the best overall whale watching experience in town we choose to keep the groups small.
If you want to reserve the boat just for you and you family or friends, you can book a private tour or contact us!
This is a short 2,5 hour whale watching tour, so there is not really much you need taking in consideration that Cabo San Lucas has pretty nice temperatures in this time of the year.
Nevertheless if you are booking an early morning tour, 08:00am, you may consider taking with you a jumper and eventually long pants. Some days the Ocean can be a bit rough
A MUST on every trip:
Aboard a Cabo Trek whale watching tour you can see a variety of whales. Gray, Humpback, Blue, Sperm, Fin, Pilot, Bryde’s whales and Killer Whales all roam the oceans of the Sea of Cortez and Pacific Ocean. Besides the whales, there is an abundance of other amazing wildlife active at sea. California Sea Lions, Brown Pelicans, Frigates, Blue Footed Boobies, Leaping Rays, Dolphins and Sea Turtles are just some of the amazing encounters experienced regularly.
- We offer the ONLY truly educational and comprehensive whale watching tours in all of Los Cabos. Each 2.5-hour tour is full of teaching and engagement about whales, their behaviors, their habits and so much more. We guarantee that you will be beyond satisfied with our tour experience, our university-trained marine biologist guide, our wildlife photographer, our captains, and our boats!
- We offer the most personal and intimate whale watching tours in all of Los Cabos and all of Baja California Sur. Each tour is a maximum of 10 people per tour, so there’s no fussing for shade, legroom, or a better view.
- We are proud to be the ONLY organization in all of Los Cabos with a university-trained and certified marine biologist and ichthyologist as our tour guide.
We are proud that since day one we could prove that Cabo Trek staff is capable of adding value to Cabo San Lucas by delivering an excellent whale watching service as certified for 6 years in a row by Trip Advisor:
- 85 USD per Adult
- 55 USD per Child (6 to 12 years old)
- 550 USD private tour up to 8 people
- Kids till 6 go FREE
- PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, CONTACT US
NOTE: Tour not recommended for women that may be pregnant.
In our price everything but tips is included! With Cabo Trek you will not have to put hands in your pocket for hidden costs nor will there be last minutesurprises! Cabo Trek keep its word and keeps up with its reputation as a trustworthy, reliable, serious company in Cabo San Lucas. Guide, 2,5 hours Boat Ride, Bottled Water, Hydrophone, On-board Photographer, Experienced Captain, all of this is part of this package.
The day of your tour you will meet in our office and storefront 15 minutes prior to the time of your tour. While in the shop we’ll process your payment or revise your reservation, allow you time to shop around our storefront for any souvenirs and read up on some of the educational activities you’ll be partaking in that day. We offer free wi-fi, cookies, water before everyone is ready to head to the dock. Then we’ll take a quick 1 minute walk from the shop to the dock. There you’ll board our boat, put on your life vests, be given a complimentary bottle of water, and finally, set out on your whale trek adventure!