Los Cabos Tourist Corridor
Diving in the Corridor of Cabo San Lucas is an excellent option if you want to see a bit more of Cabo San Lucas and its surroundings. The Corridor is the coastline between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose’ del Cabo and there are at least 4 spots that are well worth the effort to get there: Chileno Bay, Santa Maria, Blowhole, and Whales Head.
Tour Duration: 4 Hours
PADI Pro instructor
All necessary equipment
Juices & Snacks
Marine Park Fees
145 USD p.p. Semi Private
650 USD Private max. 4 Divers
Safe and Fun
For comfort, safety, and the best Los Cabos Tourist Corridor scuba diving experience, we travel in small groups.
Depending on Ocean conditions the boat ride is about 30 to 40 minutes to get to the furthest dive site (Chileno Bay): the Corridor is a perfect occasion also for non divers to join the group as the reefs close to the coast are very shallow and are great snorkeling spots, so bring family and friends on tour with you, they may even be interested in trying scuba diving by enrolling in a PADI Discover Scuba Diving (DSD) program.
Dive Sites at the Corridor
Is a large open bay with a large rocky reef structure that juts perpendicularly out from a lovely beach. The site can be dove shallow exploring the crevices and schools of fish among the rocks or deep, looking for spotted rays in the sand or cow nose rays soaring by above.
Quite often we see schools of surgeon fish, goatfish, chub and butterfly fish. This is a good site to find zebra and starry moray eels, diamond and Cortes stingrays and trumpet fish.
is a small protected bay with a great beach that is the start of our dive. Beginning in the protection of the bay we make our way deeper, following the coral encrusted rocky reef structures.
This is a good site for many varieties of puffer fish and the odd looking spotted boxfish. There are lots of parrot fish, lizard fish and giant hawkfish to see while exploring the reef structures.
is a small bay steep cliffs surrounding a central island where you can hear the blow hole erupting with sea water when there is surge in the shallows. The site has high profile rocky reef structures deeper and finger like projections closer to shore.
On the deeper reef structures we often find white tip reef sharks (in the warmer months) or guitarfish and giant electric rays (in the colder months). Schools of jacks and mobula rays often pass by.
is named for a rocky structure over the water, the site can be dove both as a deep multi-level profile or shallow exploring the coast line. The site has many crevices and overhangs making it good for macro sea life.
Exploring the reef structures here you may see schools of Panamic Porkfish, King and Cortez Angel fish above and a variety of moray eels below. Keep an eye out for Leopard Flounder in the sand and the Panama Graysby perching for a photo.
The Los Cabos whale watching season runs from the 15th of December until the 15th of April. The best times fall between January and March. A few lucky customers will get the rare gift of seeing mother whales and her newborn calves! Contact us if you want to go whale watching in Cabo in early December and April: the whales are here even before and after that in that case we recommend our PRE and POST whale watching wildlife tour, a trip focused on great variety of animals offered by the Baja California Sur region. In terms of BEST time of the day please take the following into consideration when booking a whale watching tour with Cabo Trek:
- 08:00 am Tour: usually flat Ocean, fewer boats out, recommended for people: who tend to get sea sick, families with young children and older people.
- 11:00 am Tour: nicer outside temperature, this is the perfect mix between the early morning and the afternoon tour. Ocean can be a bit choppy.
- 02:30 pm Tour: the trip for the real adventurer, this is the tour where we experience the most whale activity, Ocean is mostly choppy, chances are high you will get wet.
- Cabo San Lucas: Sandfalls, Sea Lions, White Tip Reef Sharks
- Cabo Pulmo: Tiger Sharks, Bull Sharks, Hammerhead Sharks, Schooling Groupers and Snappers, Shipwreck
- La Paz: Whale Sharks, Sea Lions Colony, Shipwrecks, Schooling fish, Nice Nature & Scenery
- Loreto: Blue Whales, Turtles, Sea Lions.
Baja California Sur region has a lot of dive sites that are well worth to be discovered.
Cabo Trek organizes flexible tours according to your wishes: let us know what you’re looking for, your level of expertise and we organize the right tour for your group.
Multiple day trips are also possible: not only diving, if you go for a multiple-day trip we can explore Baja California a bit more in-depth: freshwater waterfalls, cave paintings, ghost towns, desert tours are among the activities besides diving available in this region.
- Diving Licence
- We offer the ONLY truly educational and comprehensive tours in all of Los Cabos. Each tour is full of teaching and engagement about wildlife, their habits and so much more. We guarantee that you will be beyond satisfied with our tour experience, our university-trained marine biologist guide, our wildlife photographer, our captains, and our boats!
- We offer the most personal and intimate tours in all of Los Cabos and all of Baja California Sur.
- We are proud to be the ONLY organization in all of Los Cabos with a university-trained and certified marine biologist and ichthyologist as our tour guide.
We are proud that since day one we could prove that Cabo Trek staff is capable of adding value to Cabo San Lucas by delivering an excellent service as certified for 6 years in a row by Trip Advisor:
- 145 USD p.p. Semi-Private
- 650 USD Private max. 4 Divers
NOTE: Tour not recommended for women that may be pregnant.
In our price, everything but tips is included! With Cabo Trek you will not have to put hands in your pocket for hidden costs nor will there be last-minute surprises! Cabo Trek keep its word and keeps up with its reputation as a trustworthy, reliable, serious company in Cabo San Lucas. Guide, 2,5 hours Boat Ride, Bottled Water, Hydrophone, On-board Photographer, Experienced Captain, all of this is part of this package.
The day of your tour you will meet in our office and storefront 15 minutes prior to the time of your tour. While in the shop we’ll process your payment or revise your reservation, allow you time to shop around our storefront for any souvenirs and read up on some of the educational activities you’ll be partaking in that day. We offer free wi-fi, cookies, water before everyone is ready to head to the dock. Then we’ll take a quick 1 minute walk from the shop to the dock. There you’ll board our boat, put on your life vests, be given a complimentary bottle of water, and finally, set out on your whale trek adventure!