Cabo Trek specializes in blue water scuba tours to the famous seamounts located a few miles offshore from San Jose del Cabo. This is one of the most exciting dive sites in the Los Cabos region of Mexico. Cabo Trek specializes in private Gordo Banks trips with extensive blue water experience. Gordo Banks are two oceanic mountains that rise from great depths, one to dive-able depths. The top of Gordo 1 is approximately 120 feet from the surface.
Tour Duration: 6 Hours
Tour Start: 07:00am
PADI Pro instructor
All necessary equipment
Juices & Snacks.
279 USD p.p. min. 4 divers
999 USD Private max. 4 Divers
Need to be ADVANCED OPEN WATER.
DEEP DIVING SPECIALTY of advantage.
To use NITROX, you need to be certified.
A 2 tanks check out dive in Cabo is required.
For comfort, safety, and the best Gordo Banks scuba diving experience, we travel in small groups.
SAFETY IS OUR PRIORITY:
The challenging conditions require the divers to be at least certified as PADI Advanced Open Water, preferably with Deep Diving Specialty or experience with deep dives.
We also require a “checkout” dive to our local dive sites in Cabo San Lucas to assess/refresh diving skills.
The use of NITROX is recommended. An Enriched Air mixture of 28% is optimal for the depth of these dives. The use of NITROX requires to be certified as such.
The main attractions of diving the banks are the opportunity to encounter pelagic species of fish. This includes Marlin, Sail Fish, Dorado, Wahoo, and large schools of Tuna and Jacks.
Special visitors to the seamount are sharks; Hammerhead and Silky are the most common species, seasonally Whale Sharks also appear.
Other highlights of diving Gordo include the rays, Manta, Devil, and Mobula rays are often encountered passing through the water column over the pinnacle.
This is the type of dive site where you never know what will show up, so you just keep your eyes open, watch your depth and keep your camera on!
- 07:00 am Meeting at Cabo Trek Office*
- 9:00 am Dive 1 (45 min. approx.)
- 45 min. Surface Interval
- 10:00 am Dive 2 (45 min. approx.)
- 12:30 pm Back at Cabo Trek Office
*Private Tours have Round-Trip Transportation included: Pick-Up time and location will be organized once Tour is reserved.
- Good chance of seeing sharks: schools of silky sharks and hammerheads
- Schools of Jacks, Bonitas, Yellowfin Tuna, pelagic stingrays, Mantas, Mobulas
- Experience deep blue water dive
- Dive in small groups with a PADI certified Divemaster or instructor
- In order to enroll in this activity your need to be certified at least as ADVANCED OPEN WATER, preferably with DEEP DIVING SPECIALTY.
- If you want to use ENRICHED AIR, you need to be certified for the use and handling of NITROX.
- A 2 tank check out dive in Cabo San Lucas and/or Corridor is required to assess/refresh diving skills.
Sweater, reef-safe sunscreen or rashguard, and diving license.
- We offer the ONLY truly educational and comprehensive whale watching tours in all of Los Cabos. Each tour is full of teaching and engagement about whales, their behaviors, their habits and so much more. We guarantee that you will be beyond satisfied with our tour experience, our university-trained marine biologist guide, our wildlife photographer, our captains, and our boats!
- We offer the most personal and intimate whale watching tours in all of Los Cabos and all of Baja California Sur.
- We are proud to be the ONLY organization in all of Los Cabos with a university-trained and certified marine biologist and ichthyologist as our tour guide.
- Cabo Trek organizes flexible tours according to your wishes: let us know what you’re looking for, your level of expertise and we organize the right tour for your group. Multiple day trips are also possible: not only diving, if you go for a multiple-day trip we can explore Baja California a bit more in-depth: freshwater waterfalls, cave paintings, ghost towns, desert tours are among the activities besides diving available in this region. Contact us
We are proud that since day one we could prove that Cabo Trek staff is capable of adding value to Cabo San Lucas by delivering an excellent whale watching service as certified for 6 years in a row by Trip Advisor:
PRIVATE TOURS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, CONTACT US
NOTE: Tour not recommended for women that may be pregnant.
In our price, everything but tips is included! With Cabo Trek you will not have to put hands in your pocket for hidden costs nor will there be last-minute surprises! Cabo Trek keeps its word and keeps up with its reputation as a trustworthy, reliable, serious company in Cabo San Lucas.
The day of your tour you will meet in our office and storefront 15 minutes prior to the time of your tour. While in the shop we’ll process your payment or revise your reservation, allow you time to shop around our storefront for any souvenirs, and read up on some of the educational activities you’ll be partaking in that day. We offer free wi-fi, cookies, water before everyone is ready to head to the dock. Then we’ll take a quick 1-minute walk from the shop to the dock. There you’ll board our boat, put on your life vests, be given a complimentary bottle of water, and finally, set out on your adventure!