Snorkeling With Sharks
CABO TREK now offers SHARK DIVING IN CABO SAN LUCAS operated by SHARK DIVE CABO.
Diving and snorkeling with sharks is an offshore activity: The Northern California current, the Southern California countercurrent and a strong coastal upwelling work together to create a marine environment with an incredible biodiversity making the blue waters of the Sea of Cortez and Pacific Ocean the BEST PLACE IN the WORLD TO SNORKEL AND FREE DIVE with SMOOTH HAMMERHEADS (Sphyrna zigaena) AND WITH MAKO SHARKS (Isurus oxyrinchus).
Tour Duration: 4 hours aprox.
Marine Park Fees.
145 USD p.p. Semi Private
650 USD Private max. 4 Divers
Safe and Fun
90 USD Snorkeling
95 USD Passenger
Note: tour takes place with a minimum of 3 people.
The smooth Hammerhead is a pelagic shark that lives close to the surface and migrates to Cabo in large numbers in March for mating and feeding. It is a rare and magnificent shark that can grow over 12ft! The mako shark is the fastest shark in the world, pure adrenaline, with an average size of 6 ft!
The dive/snorkel sites are only 30 minutes boat ride away from the marina of Cabo and once in the water there is enough time to swim with the shark as they stay around for a very long time, nevertheless the experience is variable depending on the Ocean conditions.
Visibility varies a lot during the whole season, from 60 to 100 feet. The water temperature is 70-80 f (Jan-MaY) and 75-90 f(Jun-Dec)
“not only sharks… During our shark dive tour, we always look at the surface for PELAGIC ACTION OR BAIT BALLS. We have high chance to jump in the water with other big marine animals like striped marlin, mahi mahi, wahoo, dolphins, sealions & other big marine mammals…. everything can show up!”
THE OCEAN ONLY FOR US!
Since Cabo Shark Dive is the first, one and only shark diving company here, and since we discover most of our shark dive locations, we are always the only dive boat in the spots during our shark dive tours.
HOW TO ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE
There’s 3 ways on how you can participate in shark diving in cabo:
- Snorkeling: it’s the preferred way as we are mostly staying at the surface with the sharks.
- Diving: if you’re certified and you have a bit of experience in diving in currents then you can choose this option.
- Passenger: if you’re not very familiar with water activities but don’t want to miss out on the thrill of being close to the shark this is the right way to do it.
- Dive and swim safely with sharks in blue ocean, a life-changing experience!
- Maximum learning from Marine Biologist
- Chance to see dolphins, sea turtles, sea lions, whales, mantas and other marine animals
- Maximum safety and very high qualified staff
- Small groups, maximum 6 people in the water
- Up close and personal encounter
- Dive sites outside tourist areas
- Professional underwater photography included as a memory of your incredible experience
Camera, Sunscreen, Hat, Towel
Daily tours at :
Meeting at Cabo Trek office 15 minutes before tour start.
IMPORTANT: REQUIREMENTS TO BE COVERED BY THE VISITORS
- Be at least 13 years old and in case of a minor to be accompanied by an adult
- For Snorkeling no certification required
- For scuba diving: advanced open water certification, 50 logged dives
- Know how to swim
- Basic snorkeling skills – know how to use snorkel and mask
- Good physical condition – Tolerant to long periods on a boat
- Avoid wearing yellow, silver, white and red.
- No shiny things, jewelry, hearing, etc.
- Signing the responsibility waiver
- We offer the ONLY truly educational and comprehensive whale watching tours in all of Los Cabos. Each tour is full of teaching and engagement about wildlife, their behaviors, their habits and so much more. We guarantee that you will be beyond satisfied with our tour experience, our university-trained marine biologist guide, our wildlife photographer, our captains, and our boats!
- We offer the most personal and intimate tours in all of Los Cabos and all of Baja California Sur.
- We are proud to be the ONLY organization in all of Los Cabos with a university-trained and certified marine biologist and ichthyologist as our tour guide.
We are proud that since day one we could prove that Cabo Trek staff is capable of adding value to Cabo San Lucas by delivering an excellent service as certified for 6 years in a row by Trip Advisor:
- 190 USD Snorkeling
- 95 USD Passenger
- PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, CONTACT US
NOTE: Tour not recommended for women that may be pregnant.
In our price everything but tips is included! With Cabo Trek you will not have to put hands in your pocket for hidden costs nor will there be last minutesurprises! Cabo Trek keep its word and keeps up with its reputation as a trustworthy, reliable, serious company in Cabo San Lucas. Guide, Boat Ride, Bottled Water, Hydrophone, On-board Photographer, Experienced Captain, all of this is part of this package.
The day of your tour you will meet in our office and storefront 15 minutes prior to the time of your tour. While in the shop we’ll process your payment or revise your reservation, allow you time to shop around our storefront for any souvenirs and read up on some of the educational activities you’ll be partaking in that day. We offer free wi-fi, cookies, water before everyone is ready to head to the dock. Then we’ll take a quick 1 minute walk from the shop to the dock. There you’ll board our boat, put on your life vests, be given a complimentary bottle of water, and finally, set out on your whale trek adventure!