Swimming With Whale Sharks
We at Cabo Trek now offer whale shark snorkeling trips to La Paz during the entire whale shark season, from October till March, with our conservation partners the Whale Shark Research Project a nonprofit organization dedicated to the conservation of whale sharks.
Starting from the 1st of October till 31st of March.
Around 10 hours
Soft Drinks & Snacks, Lunch
219 USD Adults
189 USD Children
* Min. 4 – Max 8 people
Safe and Fun
For comfort, safety, and the best whale shark snorkeling experience, we travel in small groups.
After a briefing about whale sharks you will be outfitted with snorkeling equipment and a marine biologist trained in whale shark conservation will guide your trip as we set out in search for the sharks in the Bay. Trips will generally last three hours in length with snacks and refreshments provided, before returning to shore where you can change before the return trip back to Cabo San Lucas.
- Every Tuesday and Friday
- Starting from the 1st of October till the 31st of March
- Other dates available upon request. Contact us!
min. 4 – max 8 people
- 07:00 am – Departure from Cabo San Lucas: Cabo Trek Office
- 09:00 am – Arrival at La Paz
- 09:30 am – Whale Shark tours start
- 01:30 pm – Lunch: tacos & quesadillas
- 02:00 pm – Departure to Cabo San Lucas
- 03:00 pm – Coffe Break in Todos Santos
- 04:30 pm – Tour end
Groups range from a minimum of 2 people to a maximum of 10-12 guests.
When booking a tour with Cabo Trek you have the guarantee of purchasing an, in Cabo San Lucas, unmatched quality tour! Although our boat capacity is licensed up to 18 people, for comfort, safety, and to ensure the best overall whale watching experience in town we choose to keep the groups small.
If you want to reserve the boat just for you and you family or friends, you can book a private tour or contact us!
What to Bring:
Aboard a Cabo Trek whale watching tour you can see a variety of whales. Gray, Humpback, Blue, Sperm, Fin, Pilot, Bryde’s whales and Killer Whales all roam the oceans of the Sea of Cortez and Pacific Ocean. Besides the whales, there is an abundance of other amazing wildlife active at sea. California Sea Lions, Brown Pelicans, Frigates, Blue Footed Boobies, Leaping Rays, Dolphins and Sea Turtles are just some of the amazing encounters experienced regularly.
- We offer the ONLY truly educational and comprehensive whale watching tours in all of Los Cabos. Each 2.5-hour tour is full of teaching and engagement about whales, their behaviors, their habits and so much more. We guarantee that you will be beyond satisfied with our tour experience, our university-trained marine biologist guide, our wildlife photographer, our captains, and our boats!
- We offer the most personal and intimate whale watching tours in all of Los Cabos and all of Baja California Sur. Each tour is a maximum of 10 people per tour, so there’s no fussing for shade, legroom, or a better view.
- We are proud to be the ONLY organization in all of Los Cabos with a university-trained and certified marine biologist and ichthyologist as our tour guide.
We are proud that since day one we could prove that Cabo Trek staff is capable of adding value to Cabo San Lucas by delivering and excellent whale watching service as certified for 6 years in a row by Trip Advisor:
- 85 USD per Adult
- 55 USD per Child (6 to 12 years old)
- 550 USD private tour up to 8 people
- Kids till 6 go FREE
- PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, CONTACT US
NOTE: Tour not recommended for women that may be pregnant.
In our price everything but tips is included! With Cabo Trek you will not have to put hands in your pocket for hidden costs nor will there be last minutesurprises! Cabo Trek keep its word and keeps up with its reputation as a trustworthy, reliable, serious company in Cabo San Lucas. Guide, 2,5 hours Boat Ride, Bottled Water, Hydrophone, On-board Photographer, Experienced Captain, all of this is part of this package.
The day of your tour you will meet in our office and storefront 15 minutes prior to the time of your tour. While in the shop we’ll process your payment or revise your reservation, allow you time to shop around our storefront for any souvenirs and read up on some of the educational activities you’ll be partaking in that day. We offer free wi-fi, cookies, water before everyone is ready to head to the dock. Then we’ll take a quick 1 minute walk from the shop to the dock. There you’ll board our boat, put on your life vests, be given a complimentary bottle of water, and finally, set out on your whale trek adventure!