El Triunfo Family Day Trip
The perfect Los Cabos family trip with children of all ages!
This tour is a great opportunity to experiment Mexico off the beaten path and enjoy rural culture away from the crowds. This day trip is totally designed to suit children of all ages, it is a wonderful mix of history, nature, Mexican culture and food, a tour that will raise many questions and stimulate curiosity!
Tour start at 8:00 am
Time of the year: Year-Round
Max pax: 8
Includes: Transportation including pick-up and drop-off from your hotel
El Triunfo Mine Tour
Water, Soft Drinks, Snacks, Fresh Fruits,
Not included: Lunch and Tips
Price 499 USD per family up to 4 people.
Extra pax 85 USD
16% Sales Taxes already included
Safe and Fun
For comfort, safety, and the best El Triunfo Tour, we travel in small groups.
El Triunfo, a real Ghost Town hidden at the foot of the Sierra de la Laguna, a town once populated with over 10.000 people eager to find Gold. Right after the 1849 gold-rush wave in San Francisco, United States, the little town situated between La Paz and Cabo San Lucas in the state of Baja California Sur, experimented something similar.
El Triunfo, a town born in the 16th Century, rapidly grew in 1862 after gold was discovered and became the most modern city featuring luxuries such as telephones, running water and for a short period it was considered the capital of Baja California Sur.
In 1918 the shiny days were over all of a sudden due to the strike of a hurricane which flooded the mines.
In modern days El Triunfo is now a Ghost Town with roughly 500 people living off tourism. The 35m (105ft) smokestack is one of the most visible remainings of the golden age, called Ramona the chimney undergo complete restoration work which was ended in 2018 and is now ready to survive many more hurricanes and earthquakes.
During our visit to the ghost town, we will see what a mine will look like and what the working conditions were. Also, we will see the remains of the Panteon Chino and the English, the Chinese, and the English graveyard.
Are you wondering why Chinese?? There’s only one way to find out!!
Hear spooky stories about seer and witches, enjoy some delicious Mexican food and spend a day exploring the real Mexico!
08:00 am: Tour Start
09:30 am: Visit of Dam Santa Ines
10:30 am: Breakfast at La Garita – Kids Play Ground with animals
12:30 pm: Arrival at El Triunfo and Lunch Break
01:30 pm: El Triunfo Ghost Town Tour Start
03:30 pm: Return to Cabo
05:00 pm: Tour End
One of the many advantages you have by taking a tour with Cabo Trek is that you have the guarantee to avoid crowds. The idea is to share quality time together, get to know the locals, and have the chance to truly enjoy the part of Mexico where very few go. Contact us and tell us about your family or group to get a quotation.
Easy. Tour ideal for families with children of all ages.
El Triunfo Ghost Town
Old Gold Mining Cave
Dam Santa Ines,
- We offer the ONLY truly educational and comprehensive tours in all of Baja California Sur. Each tour is full of teaching and engagement about local culture and wildlife. We guarantee that you will be beyond satisfied with our tour experience, our university-trained marine biologist guide, our wildlife photographer, our captains and our boats!
- We offer the most personal and intimate whale watching tours in all of Los Cabos and all of Baja California Sur. Each tour is a maximum of 8 people per tour, so there’s no fussing for shade, leg room or a better view.
- We are proud to be the ONLY organization in all of Los Cabos with a university trained and certified marine biologist and ichthyologist as our tour guide.
- We are proud that since day one we could prove that Cabo Trek staff is capable of adding value to Cabo San Lucas by delivering and excellent service as certified for 6 years in a row by Trip Advisor:
- Price 499 USD per family up to 4.
- Extra pax 85 USD
- 16% Sales Taxes already included
- PRIVATE TOURS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST, CONTACT US.
In our price everything but tips is included! With Cabo Trek you will not have to put hands in your pocket for hidden costs nor will there be last minutesurprises! Cabo Trek keep its word and keeps up with its reputation as a trustworthy, reliable, serious company in Cabo San Lucas. Guide, 2,5 hours Boat Ride, Bottled Water, Hydrophone, On-board Photographer, Experienced Captain, all of this is part of this package.